The concept of associated users applies to someone who needs to login in more than one Frotcom account. Some examples may be:
- The administration of a Group where several companies have Frotcom installed in their vehicles. A particular predefined user will be able to login to all these accounts without having to enter different usernames and passwords.
- A forwarder having access to Frotcom accounts of some transportation companies working for them.
Like this, besides the traditional login functionality, Frotcom offers an easier and more comfortable way of switching between accounts. This is called the Associated users module and the following picture depicts its functionality:
Let's suppose that there are 2 companies that form a group of companies. Your Frotcom Certified Partner created User A, User B and User C to manage Fleet X, Fleet Y and Fleet Z, respectively. Moreover, just as an example, User B has no access to the information of Fleet X or Fleet Z, neither User A or User C have access to Fleet Y information.
With the associated users functionality, your Frotcom Certified Partner can attribute certain privileges to one of your accounts (chosen by you) by the means of user association properties, so that such particular user can easily login into the accounts of the associated users without actually logging out and then logging in again.
Continuing with the previous example, both users B and C were added as associated users to user A. In this way, after User A logs in with his/her credentials, he/she can easily change to the account of User B or User C.
Please note that these privileges are not bidirectional. Therefore, User B or User C are not able to enter in the account of User A and, according to the previous example, manage Fleet X.
Please contact your Frotcom Certified Partner to provide associated users rights to one of your acconts. You can find the contacts of the Frotcom Certified Partners here.
- How to Login as associated user
After the association is confirmed by your Frotcom Certified Partner, you can change from the account which has been granted associated users privileges to its associated accounts, by following the next steps:
- After logging in with your account with associated users privileges, click on your Account button:
- From the drop down menu, select the Associated Users option:
- The following panel will be available to you:
- From the associated user drop down list, you can select the account you wish to login. After that, click on the Apply button. You will then be logged in on the account that you selected without the need to log out/log in procedures.
If you want to actually manage vehicles of your company and also vehicles of aggregated companies, you might also be interested to know more about multi-fleet users.
If you want to give limited access to some of your main customers (or forwarders), using a vehicle filter is useful but may not be enough. You might also need to consider that these vehicles were not necessarily working for particular customers in earlier days. Therefore, it might be also necessary to specify that a user will not have access to tracking data earlier than the current date. If you want to know more about hiding history functionality, click here.
If you need additional assistance, please contact your Frotcom Certified Partner. You can find the contacts of the Frotcom Certified Partners here.