As soon as you login, you will notice that the look and feel of the new Frotcom interface has been modernized...a lot, in comparison with the older Silverlight version.
The biggest changes are:
- New look and feel, new graphical representation of buttons, icons, tables, etc.
- The HTML5 interface leaves a lot of room for what is really important: useful information. That is why you now have a bigger map. You can even collapse the list of vehicles or places, on the left, to maximize the total space available for the map.
- You'll probably notice as well that most operations are faster now than before, regardless of the size of the fleet.
- You no longer need to keep switching from the fleet map to the vehicles map. By default you see the last position of a vehicle. If you want to see the whole path for the period, just click the path button (the one on the right):
- You no longer need to click the refresh button nor to choose auto-refresh in order to keep seeing the last positions from the vehicles. Frotcom will do that for you.
- By clicking a vehicle icon you'll now open an infobox with more information than before. Same for places or zones.
- In that infobox you can see the phone number of the driver. If you click on it, you can establish a direct phone call to the driver, using any installed VOIP solution in your device, such as Skype. This can be much cheaper than using normal communications. Make sure to check the communication fees before using this procedure. Frotcom does not include any voice communication fees or credit.
- At the bottom of the infobox you have access to more information (for instance graphs) and to actions that you can perform (for instance, find the nearest vehicles).
- A few tables have been merged. For instance, the old "Daily summary" and "Current status" tables were merged into a single table, found in "Summary > Recent activity".
- Messages received and sent, in Interact, can now be seen in Conversation mode, similar to what you probably have on your mobile phone.
- Frotcom sessions are now encrypted over SSL, a cryptographic protocol designed to provide communications security over the internet. You can notice a keypad icon next to https://web.frotcom.com. This means that Frotcom has increased the security level for your fleet's data.
- Route creation and monitoring is now more user-friendly and with a cleaner representation.
- Frotcom's driving behavior is now supporting 4 different vehicle profiles that provide a more accurante calculation for the driving behavior score: heavy vehicle, mid-size truck, large van and light vehicle.
- Frotcom has now the ability to monitor Garmin speed alerts. Additionally, in the case of Garmin devices integrating cameras, other more sophisticated alerts are also monitored: forward collision and lane departure, as well as incident detection, in which case a video sequence is stored for later review.
- Frotcom is now supporting the creation of vehicle whitelist. This feature makes it possible for you to create a list of the drivers who can drive each vehicle. It works via automatic driver identification. It is useful if you have special vehicles transporting dangerous goods or vehicles that require an expert driver, preventing other company drivers from using these vehicles.
- Frotcom has now integrated another map provider specialized in trucks: "Here Maps". This solution, besides showing the toll costs of each calculated path, also includes an advanced trucking mode. This mode takes into consideration road constraints (maximum vehicle height, weight, transportation of dangerous materials, etc...) and takes them into consideration for the calculation of the best path.
- For users with Here Maps, the graphical representation of the obligatory rests and stops is also shown on the map, to cope with the EC 561 regulation (in Europe).
- For better visualization, clusters of maps and vehicles are now customizable by defining the number of vehicles above which a cluster is shown, as well as the applied zoom.