The vehicle infobox is divided in panels. Each panel is a particular arrangement of information grouped together. Among the panels, you have the option to use the Other information panel.
This panel is fully customizable. You can select up to 4 fields to be displayed.
To select the fields to be displayed in this panel, click on the Hamburger menu button. Optionally, you can access this panel in the menu User preferences > Infobox > Other information:
You will see the following options:
Here you can create and edit rules for the customization. The default option that contemplates vehicles of all classes and all types cannot be removed, but can have its fields edited as customized.
Click on the Edit button of the default rule. You will see the following panel:
Simply drag and drop from the Fields available sub-panel (bottom) onto the Show in the other info sub-panel (top). Remember that you can only add fields to the top panel as long as you have there at least one free space. You can have up to four fields selected in the Other information panel.
When you are done, click Apply. To remove a field, click on the X button of the respective row:
You can also change the order of the fields using the same approach.
Configuring rules for Vehicle classes and types
Additionally to the default rule (for all classes and types), you can customize different rules to cover other needs. For instance, you may want to change the view of the Infobox for Light vehicles or Trucks, but keep the default view for all the other vehicles.
To do so, click on the Add button in the User Preferences of the Infobox:
Now, at the top of the popup, choose the Vehicle types and classes that you wish to create the rule for. You can select one or more types and classes according to your needs:
Now, you can choose the fields and the order of the fields that will be displayed in the Infobox for the vehicles that fall under this rule.
If a vehicle does not fall under this or any other rules you might create, it will assume the default rule. If a vehicle falls under more than one rule, it will assume the first compatible rule, from the bottom to the top of the list.
You may configure as many rules as you wish.
The default indicators that are displayed are odometer, mileage in period, Fuel in tank and Average fuel. Note that, for the mileage in period information, three indicators are available:
- Mileage in period - generic mileage in period indicator
- GPS mileage in period - GPS based mileage in period
- CANBus mileage in period - CANBus based mileage in period
In a similar way, also for the odometer information, three indicators are available:
- Odometer - generic odometer indicator
- GPS odometer - GPS based odometer
- CANBus odometer - CANBus based odometer
For these two metrics, there are generic indicators, indicators that are based on GPS information and indicators that are based on CANBus information. By default, is the generic indicator of these two metrics which is shown. Nonetheless, both indicators based on GPS and CANBus are still available for selection.
The value displayed by the generic indicator depends on the following:
- If a vehicle doesn't have CANBus installed, the generic indicator will display the same information as the GPS-based indicator (i.e. generic mileage in period = GPS mileage in period and generic odometer = GPS odometer)
- If a vehicle has CANBus installed and Use CANBus mileage field is active under Administration > Vehicle > General, the generic indicator will display the same information as the CANBus-based indicators (i.e. generic mileage in period = CANBus mileage in period and generic odometer = CANBus odometer)
- If a vehicle has CANBus installed and Use CANBus mileage field is inactive under Administration > Vehicle > General, the generic indicator will display the same information as the GPS-based indicators (i.e. generic mileage in period = GPS mileage in period and generic odometer = GPS odometer)
Important: Even if a vehicle does not have CANBus available, the mileage and speed will be measured via GPS, but the indicators regarding CANBus are not removed from the list of available ones.
Just as an example, if your vehicle's information is based on GPS, you will see the following information on the Other information panel:
N/A (Not available) indication is representative of fields that aren’t available for a vehicle.
By clicking on the indicator's link, for instance, the GPS Mileage, you will be automatically redirected to the vehicle's trip screen.
Depending on the indicator that you click on, you will be redirected to different parts of Frotcom. For instance, if you click on the Fuel in tank, you will be automatically redirected to the vehicle's graph screen. If you click on the License plate indicator, you will be redirected to Administration>Vehicles>General. If you click on the Driver indicator, you will be redirected to the Administration>Driver>General.
Additionally to these indicators, there are two idling indications that can only be read from the CANBus: Fuel consumption idling and Idling time:
If you want to know more about the vehicle infobox, click here.